Menu
whitey012001
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds following upgrade to 200meg

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 200meg Broadband with had a new super hub 3 installed. I use my hub in modem mode and use my airport extreme for wifi.

Before the upgrade I used to regularly see speeds of around 60/70meg. Now I only see speeds of around 12meg, which is very poor considering I should be receiving speeds of 200meg. I also only received speeds of around 12meg when I had the super hub in normal mode before I swapped to modem mode. 

I only had it installed on Wednesday, do I have to be patient?

Just did another speed test and now only achieved 8meg with a 7meg upload...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5731766060

Any advise is greatly achieved.

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds following upgrade to 200meg

Hey Neil,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds, I know this is disappointing.

Thank you for doing the tests you've already done. Just so I'm clear, have you tested the speeds just hard-wired directly from your Hub in Modem Mode without the router?

I'm not seeing anything obvious out of place right now, but please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

whitey012001
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I think it is the cabling to my apple router that is restricting my speeds. My superhub is in a cupboard that is also an issue and restricts wifi speed

How do I go about moving it. It would be better next to my TiVo box. I just need a splitter and cable to connect everything?

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Neil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to a re-location of the Super Hub you can give us a call on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further. This does come with a charge of £99. However as an alternative you can try Powerline Adaptors if you wish.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos