Menu
rockinuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed again

Yet again I have a very slow wifi even though I am on 200mb poss only 30mb max at times. Changed my package recently and hasn't been the same since was told its because my area is at saturation point and new customers get put up the pecking order is this true? If not then why am I paying for 200mb when I can only get 30!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed again

Hi rockinuk,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F005105125). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 24th May 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rockinuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Josh,
Thanks for the reply but may is nearly 2 months of me paying for 200mb. Rang last night and my settings were changed but I was still only getting 35mb just think there must be something that can be done or I just cancel
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

May is a review date, not a fix date. May will come, there will be no improvement and you'll get another review date 3 or 6 months further on. It's not uncommon for these "faults" to take 2 years or more to fix.

Have a look at some posts from Tommey to see how bad it can get: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=Tommey

It's not a fault as such, just too many people on your bit of the network. Your only options are put up with it for however long it takes for them to upgrade the network or go elsewhere.

Dave.

0 Kudos