Menu
Kethie
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet

Is there a problem in the ng4 area or is it just pressure of xmas? We have the highest broadband available and the speed is terrible at the moment🙁

0 Kudos
Ag005613
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet

Hi kethie - is ng4 Glasgow? We have the same issues. Less than 1mbps download. I've logged a ticket with virgin.
0 Kudos
Kethie
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's Nottingham. Can't even cope with a YouTube video without pausing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kethie,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked out your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area causing intermittent connection - Ref.(F004915015). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 14th December.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kethie
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has been going on since last month!  Internet games won't run, pages don't load. I remember dialup and it's nearly that bad. Definitely won't be renewing at this rate I'm afraid, and we've been customers since it was Diamond Cable. When you're paying for Netflix and amazon and the films cut out several times due to network problems it becomes a waste of money.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kethie,

I'm sorry to hear this. Smiley Sad

It appears that the fault previously mentioned by Josh has now been verified as fixed.

If you're still experiencing connection issues, I'd recommend giving the equipment a reboot as I can see that the uptime is considerably high at the moment.

Please feel free to get back to us if we can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Kethie
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spent half an hour this morning on the phone with customer support about this as we've not had decent access for over 2 weeks now. The speed is now up to 32mb/s download which is an improvement on the 0.97 which we've been on for the past two weeks. 

Our argument has not been that there was a problem but that we were paying for a service that wasn't being provided. We have been given a rebate which is a nice gesture and appreciated. I will keep checking though as the download speed checker now has us at a max of 100mb/s when it should be 200mb/s. Hoping we haven't been downgraded by mistake. Hopefully the worst is over and the problems solved.

0 Kudos