Menu
DaveM303
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow downloads on 70meg service

Hi,

I'm on the 70meg service and my downloads do not ever go above 1.2mbps.  This can be conventional downloads from websites, torrents, pretty much anything that requires a download.  I have even bought a new router to see if it's the superhub, but the results are the same.   If I go to speedtest.net and run a test, I get 77/5, which is what the service is supposed to give, but everywhere else it doesn't go above 1.2mbps.

I've tried with a VPN, without, with a brand new superhub 3 and with the superhub 3 in modem mode with an Asus RT-AC68U but still nothing over 1.2mbps.

I've tried on peak and off peak, but still the same.

I'm on a macbook pro using 5GHz wireless.

Sp 1.2mbps is roughly 10meg?  So I'm 5 mbps missing?  Or is this service capped?  I have searched on the internet and there's lots of talk of Virgin media capping/throttling downloads, so I was wondering, is this the case?  And if so, what exactly is the service that we are getting?  What does the 70meg refer to?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
DaveM303
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow downloads on 70meg service

Anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey DaveM303,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slows speeds you're getting at the moment. I've attempted to investigate this for you, but I'm not finding any account info for you. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your address so I can continue to help.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DaveM303
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PM sent, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello DaveM303,

Thanks for confirming your address Smiley Happy

I've taken a look at your Hub, and nothing is standing out in error right now. Can you please perform hard-wired speed tests directly from your Hub, without your router involved? I'm interested in seeing your Modem Mode direct speeds.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos