Menu
Teejay69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow and erratic Broadband connection - Area 30

I've been having significant issues with my broadband connection over the past month.

The service is erratic and will drop out numerous times over the course of an evening requiring numerous switching between channels (2.4Ghz 2G/5Ghz 5G). This will temporarily resolve connectivity but ultimately results in having to reboot the router (SuperHub2).

The speed also seems poor - various speed tests show an average speed of just 50mb where I should be getting nearer 200mb (I appreciate the wording states 'upto' 200mb).

Is there a log I can access to see whether anything is being captured?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
george_48
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow and erratic Broadband connection - Area 30

I'm have similar issues these past 3-4 days; am using IE 11 & Virgin media.com as browser... home page comes up, but cannot click on links to check e mail or link to other options, will not mini / maximise. home page blinks every time I try a link. Have called VM 150 customer services & they state that there are issues in our area...30... & with other browsers, Chrome etc, ... IT fault they say... & they have said that they have IT team working on it & should be back in service by 16.00 today... yet here I am raising the question on this forum.at 18.10. I can get onto web site via Win 10 edge browser & all works ok, so is there a conflict in Win10 edge & VM website browser...? Maybe MSN & VM are not compatible now... MSN have said they will only support IE 11 for another couple of years, maybe they're dropping support already & are taking over VM surreptitiously, forcing users to use edge... global domination??. Questions, Questions, any one else got answers, thoughts?
0 Kudos

All Replies
Teejay69
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is still persisting with a router restart at least 4 times a night and still poor broadband speeds after the free upgrade to 200mg
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teejay69, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your slow and erratic broadband, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are too high and will need an engineer to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Teejay69
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Engineer already booked thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for letting me know that you already have an engineer booked! This is great!

It would be helpful if you could message me back here after the visit to let me know how you get on, that way I can give the connection the once over for you!

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Teejay69
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, engineer failed to call - left a card to say 'sorry we missed you' despite me being here the entire time
Phoned the broadband team whe re-arranged the visit for Monday
In the meantime they claimed to make some adjustments that would speed up the connection but now it's probably worse than ever
Speeds tests throughout the day are giving me an average of just 15mbps
0 Kudos
george_48
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm have similar issues these past 3-4 days; am using IE 11 & Virgin media.com as browser... home page comes up, but cannot click on links to check e mail or link to other options, will not mini / maximise. home page blinks every time I try a link. Have called VM 150 customer services & they state that there are issues in our area...30... & with other browsers, Chrome etc, ... IT fault they say... & they have said that they have IT team working on it & should be back in service by 16.00 today... yet here I am raising the question on this forum.at 18.10. I can get onto web site via Win 10 edge browser & all works ok, so is there a conflict in Win10 edge & VM website browser...? Maybe MSN & VM are not compatible now... MSN have said they will only support IE 11 for another couple of years, maybe they're dropping support already & are taking over VM surreptitiously, forcing users to use edge... global domination??. Questions, Questions, any one else got answers, thoughts?
0 Kudos
kmneo2000
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have had no broadband for nearly 2 weeks. On the my virgin page it says its a known fault and Engineer's are working on it. However the date for fix is being postponed everyday. I guess this is the same issue (NG2 area)

I spoke to someone last saturday who assured me that it is actually fixed and should be up and running by the next sunday, despite being sunday. Come next friday this is still not fixed and the latest online update is 1600 hrs today. 

2 weeks + of no broadband is unheard of but still I do not see any reports of major outages. Is there an alternative solution?

0 Kudos
Teejay69
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had a visit from an engineer last week and he replaced the router with a Superhub 3
Unfortunately that left us with no connectivity at all - a speed test would time out
Engineer returned yesterday and replaced the router again as his tests suggested the router was faulty.
He also called in the Network team who did some work on the street.
We appear to be sorted now with broadband speed of 221mbps average at the moment
Fingers crossed
0 Kudos