Menu
PSheerin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Wifi

200mbps paid for. Wired computer receiving 130mbps but no matter where I move router or how close I get to it. I average 20-30mbps.
Using Virgins lastet super hub and iPhones 6s and above. Same on IPad Pro. New laptops.
Please help as virgin has given in
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Wifi

So just to confirm, wired connection to a computer with a Cat5e/Cat6 cable and 1Gb network card?
What time of day was the test done, please bare in mind in some areas after 4.00pm and weekends is peak time usage.
Here I get the full 200/220Mb during the small hours, slowing down during the day to @130/150Mb at 3.00pm

[Using a wireless connection max is about 160/180Mb]

PSheerin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cat 5 yes. Wireless varies in the early hours up to 60mbps. Daytime and evening is 20-40mbps.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya PSheerin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry that you are having issues with the broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy, which is good.

With the wired speeds, have you tried a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode to see if the speeds differ? This will eliminate other devices connected.

In regards to wireless do you get these speeds on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz or is the Hub broadcasting the both networks as one? 

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos