Menu
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

I was given a refund for slow broadband ( I am on 200mb but was struggling to get to 50mb) but since changing from the SuperHub 2 to the SuperHub 3 its seems to be worse. I have been a loyal customer with Virgin for years but with the slow TiVo and slow Broadband I am really getting fed up!! I did not want to change to Sky because I did not want a dish, but now I have read that Sky's new box does not need a dish ?, perhaps its time to give to give them a try!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

Evening ibbotson,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds after upgrading to the Hub 3.

Looking at the high peak time traffic fault in your area, there has been work completed which has seen you move onto a new cable and the traffic is looking much better.

Are you able to complete speed tests through a wired connection at different times of the day please to see if there is a difference?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed is still under 50mb on laptop & tablet

I do not feel I should have to spend my time checking speeds via wire connection, as I thought my account included fast broadband Wi-Fi facilities?

You advertise that:  "Wi-Fi and going wireless in you home is easy. All you need is our amazing Hub 3. Our Hub 3.0 gives superfast speeds that stay fast across loads of devices, when you team this with VIVID - our next generation optical fibre with download speeds of up to 200mbp - you can unlock ultrafast Wi-Fi speeds throughout your home".

As I have the Hub 3.0 and Vivid 200mb I feel that's what I should be receiving!!! our at least somewhere near it.

If high peak time traffic fault in my area is the issue ... its not my problem, its yours!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ibbotson,

Thanks for coming back to us about this.

We only ask customers to complete a wired speed test for us to ensure that the direct speed is up to standard. WiFi can be unpredictable and speeds can fluctuate depending on the wireless channels utilised.

You can, of course, adjust your wireless settings to help improve this type of connection.

I've had a look at everything from this end and the equipment levels are spot on at the moment. The network segment also appears to be clear of any faults.

The wireless channels are set to "Auto" at the moment, therefore, I'd definitely recommend tweaking these if you're experiencing trouble with WiFi.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos