Menu
TheBeast52
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband Download speed

My broadband connection should be 70Mbps - according to my account details.

However, it seems to have plummeted down to 3Mbps download/ 4Mbps upload since Sunday eve (30th Oct 2016).  I checked the Virgin Service Status page for my area and it shows the following...

ScreenShot_20161102100257.png

However, this message refers to "intermittent access to webmail" - this is not what I am experiencing and so I'm not sure it is relevant.  In any case the screen shot date has been changed progressively each day since Mon with 'Fix Estimate' times - I have seen three such updates since Mon.

It is really frustrating trying to use the broadband connection at these low speeds.  Specifcally I am trying to purchase some on-line software products which are both timing out due to the slow - possibly intermittent - connection. 

Come on Virgin Media - surely it doesn't take 3 days to get me back to the speed I am paying for!

I have to say that I have been a long standing Virgin Customer since the NTL days and I have never had any serious problems until now.

0 Kudos
TheBeast52
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Download speed

Update .. apologies! The problem now seems to be resolved. Apparently a Cable Modem glitch - restarting the modem resolved the speed issue. Back to 'almost' 70Mbps download speed now.
0 Kudos