Menu
Fluffmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Site won't load

If I try to go to www.mindmeister.com, it just hangs and won't load. All other sites are loading fine, so my connection is OK. I could access www.mindmeister.com about half an hour ago OK, too. I'm using a direct Ethernet connection from my router to my PC.

Naturally, I thought this was a problem with the mindmeister.com site being down, but if I use my phone and turn off WiFi, so I just have a 4G connection, I can access the site fine. If I then turn WiFi on on my phone, I get exactly the same problem - site won't load, it just hangs.

So I'm guessing that Virgin is having a problem with DNS? As I say, the site loaded fine earlier, but I have been having problems with this particular site for the last few days. Any ideas gratefully received!

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Site won't load

You could flush your DNS on the PC and/or use a different DNS setting on your PC NIC.

Maybe OpenDNS or Google DNS.

Fluffmeister
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Adduxi - though after 30 minutes, it came back online again. It's an intermittent problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Fluffmeister

Sorry you are having an intermittent problem reaching http://www.mindmeister.com/ 

It may well be a routing issue rather than DNS, it may be worth doing a traceroute to the site when it is working and then when it is not to compare. That will also tell us if the DNS is resolving too.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos