Menu
SBiddell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Signing into superhub - problem and query

Hi, I was signing into the VM superhub last night via a tablet when the wi-fi dropped out. When I went to sign into it again it a few seconds later (when the wi-fi was back up) it said I was already signed in and hence wouldn't let me access it's settings.

Will this reset itself or am I permanently locked out of the superhub now? I need access as I have set up parent controls on devices.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signing into superhub - problem and query

I doubt it will reset itself.  You will probably have to perform a factory reset using the pinhole at the back of the hub.  Insert something like an unbent paperclip and hold it down for a long count of 20.  Unfortunately, it will mean that you'll have to set the hub up from scratch.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
SBiddell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah,ok, thanks Dave. Whilst you're hear, what channels do you recommend using for best performance at 2g and 5g? I think I had them set to 9 and 100, or something like that.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SBiddell wrote:

Ah,ok, thanks Dave. Whilst you're hear, what channels do you recommend using for best performance at 2g and 5g? I think I had them set to 9 and 100, or something like that.

You should really only use channels 1, 6 or 11 for 2g and it's not a good idea to use any of the intermediate channels.  The explanation is a bit complicated and involves competing bandwidths with neighbours' signals and how the router deals with it.  Which one you choose depends on what nearby neighbours are using and you want the least congested one.  Downloading an app like inSSIDer will allow you to see all the neighbouring signals and enable you to avoid the busiest channel(s).

As for 5g, it is not heavily used (yet) so finding a clear channel with inSSIDer will be a lot easier.

inSSIDer is also very useful on a laptop which you can carry around the house to see how your own signal strength varies from room to room.

Electron
SBiddell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

many thanks!

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This article explains better than I could why you should stick with channels 1, 6 or 11 only ...

http://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

Electron
0 Kudos