Menu
Renzokuken
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sick of rebooting your equipment.

Ok so I've had a laundry list of problems with Virgin Media and I'm now at breaking point.

First my super hub 1 kept crashing, requiring reboots several times a week. Then when we upgraded to 200mbps we were supposed to receive a super hub 3, they told us we didn't need one until we rang up months later asking why our internet was so slow. They then sent us a super hub 3 and upgraded us again to your gaming package promising better upload speeds.

Now we have a super hub 3 and we're having a whole new set of problems, random bits of equipment keep dropping off the network with "weak wifi signal" errors. I've had this on a kindle, an Xbox and a PS4 so far, all of which are at various, but not extreme ranges from the router. This happens completely at random. I'm currently sat at home with nothing but my computer, phone and PS4 connected and the PS4, after several hours of play has just decided that the Wifi I've been connected to all evening is suddenly too weak, and has booted me off completely and refuses to reconnect. I've tried changing the channel from automatic and it hasn't stopped it happening, rebooting the device in question doesn't work. The only temporary fix is to reboot the router entirely until it happens all over again.

I'm sick of marching downstairs, having to kick everyone else in the house off the internet just so I can get whatever device it's taken a hissy fit with this time to work.

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick of rebooting your equipment.

I would highly recommend getting your own router, it will massively improve your experience then just switch the hub to modem mode and it should save you all the hassle
llewellyn_peter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Best approach these days. plus if you change your router, lose setting or switch ISP you don't have to do much to be up and running quickly
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Renzokuken, 

Thanks for posting, apologies for the problems you are facing with your Broadband. I would love to take a further look into this for you. 

I need to take some details from you in order to find your account so I will send you a private message (check the purple envelope in the top right hand side).

Once I have the information we can investigate this for you. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos