Menu
viqewla
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sick of my Superhub 1

Hello,

I've had the Superhub 1 for years at this point, and it's rubbish Smiley Sad. The WiFi is awful beyond the room the router is in, and it causes me issues when gaming i.e. updating server lists, latency/constantly needing to be rebooted etc.

How would I go about swapping my router for a newer one?

Thank you

Viqewla

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick of my Superhub 1

contact vm they will supple new hub 2ac or hub 3 for £14.99 activation fee and maybe £5 for postage head to the live chat  section link: ( http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html    just click on broadband then upgrade that will get you through to the correct team 

legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You be better off looking for your own router with the super hub in modem mode for it.
viqewla
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's such a pain. I wish you could just use your own router without having to use the bloody Virgin hub in modem mode...

Is there any way around this?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

viqewla wrote:

That's such a pain. I wish you could just use your own router without having to use the bloody Virgin hub in modem mode...

Is there any way around this?

Nope but at least the SH1 makes for a good modem mode that can be used with any router

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ring retentions tell the the wifi is crap which it is and they will/should upgrade the SH1 - argue any setup and postage costs and hopefully they will swap it out for free

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
viqewla
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thanks for all the advice, peeps.

I ended up phoning them up, but got charged £15 anyway. Probably because I just upgraded on the internet... But to be honest, that should favour my case. I've been with Virgin for ages, and am showing my willingness to stay with them - but still £15 to upgrade my years-old router!

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT. Disappointing.

Thanks anyway

Viq

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

its an activation fee for the new hub witch would be placed on your next bill 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin charge an 'activation' fee for sending out a replacement router !? - I've only just joined Virgin Media but thought the equipment belonged to them and any replacements were done free of charge ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

backtothefuture wrote:

Virgin charge an 'activation' fee for sending out a replacement router !? - I've only just joined Virgin Media but thought the equipment belonged to them and any replacements were done free of charge ?

tech visits are free - the activation fee is different although i am surprised it was charged here - its usually only implemented when a user upgrades his package which [without reading back] i dont think was the case here - up to the OP but i would be jumping up and down if charged that for a hub upgrade - especially an upgrade from the awful SH1

Tony
0 Kudos