Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (78 Views)

Short connection drop outs in every 30-50 minutes. What's going on?

Hi,

I am losing connection every 30-50minutes for like 15 seconds. It is really annoying, cause I cannot do anything online. My area is 31. Is there any known issue or what? It says my connection is "fine".

Regards

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)

Re: Short connection drop outs in every 30-50 minutes. What's going on?

I too have been experiencing frequent drop outs (also area 31), since 9am YESTERDAY. They can last for a few minutes before it drops again, then takes anywhere from 1 minute to 30 minutes to come back, and even then it can drop out again after just 10 seconds and then take ages to reconnect.

Download and upload speeds also slowed down to a crawl. On a 150Mb connection (12Mb up), download speeds hit <5Mb and upload speeds hit <3Mbs.

Completely unusable and unstable for a day and a half. Oh, and test also showed my connection as "fine" ...it clearly isn't.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (23 Views)

Re: Short connection drop outs in every 30-50 minutes. What's going on?

Hi Silvanaz,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There have been no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Do you notice any lights change on the router at all?

Can you post the network log from the router settings please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log and you can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos