Menu
mintymin33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shoddy work and now NO INTERNET

Techicians finally turned up today to replace external wiring after having issues with internet for weeks, only technician Dan didn't check his work before leaving and now we have NO INTERNET. I thought it was company policy to check work before leaving? But Dan refused to come back claiming it wasn't his shoddy work and as a result we have to wait YET ANOTHER WEEK this time with no internet and not intermittent issues as before. We have had no compensation for the months interrupted service. To top it off my husband has checked his work and he has taken chunks out of our wall making a right mess and the wiring will not last the way it has been laid, a right bodge job, really unhappy and currently looking to leave as I feel that all my years committed to this company and we are treated like this . 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shoddy work and now NO INTERNET

takes VM a week to get to threads - will flag it to hopefully get it looked at sooner but not sure they will be able to do anything

have you tested all the internal connections - worth giving them the once over

Tony
mintymin33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes this has been going on for months and months now, same issues. They replaced the internet box in july, worked for a bit, started having issues again. Basically the wires we have running to the house and internal are probably over 20 years old. The last guy who came on the 11th November got us running but told me the wires from the street and into my house were wrong size, too small and needed replacing 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mintymin33,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies for the loss of internet service after the engineer visit you had and for the ongoing issues.

As the re-pull has been completed and there is still an issue, the next step will be for an engineer to check the internal wiring/junction box to see what is causing the loss of service. I can see that an appointment has been booked for the earliest date available. I know this is frustrating and annoying to say the least and apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mintymin33
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Guess what? Rewiring wasn't done Monday. I pity the poor bloke that turned up to be honest because I was that frustrated by then. He ensured I have internet but it is still agreed after checks that I need a new install of wires INSIDE TOO as over 20 years old. He had to call managers and I'm promised that this Friday I would FINALLY get the rewiring done. I'm not holding my breath but third time lucky.... I hope.. 

re shoddy wiring, after spending an hour on the phone to virgin, I am booked by a team to redo the work and put right the damage, I'm told. This shouldnt happen.  in the first place, teams should be monitored for their work standards etc, and one think has become clear to me over all this is that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I'm thankful for those in virgin that are trying to resolve things though

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this mintymin33,

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Sam as she is currently away from the office.

I am really very sorry to hear about the bother experienced with this. Smiley Sad

I can see that there is a work order staged to complete the work on the 16th.

Would be great to hear back from you with an update regarding this.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help with anything more.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos