Menu
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Setting wireless on tivo with u.s.b.

We have 2 tivo boxes but i want to connect the one to the home network on wireless as it has a very strong signal,the reason is to watch my recorded programs through my iPad which says 'connect to home network',what is a compatible wireless adapter for the tivo boxes and how do i go about setting it up,i know its through setting and network but will the wireless adapter just pick up my router.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting wireless on tivo with u.s.b.

You cannot watch recordings from My Shows on TiVo through the TV Anywhere iPad app.

This is only available with the new V6 box which has onboard wifi.

I can advise a suitable universal wifi adapter which works with TiVo but I suggest you no longer have a requirement.

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,i only ask this as a lot of the online forums say you can connect a u.s.b WiFi adapter to turn the TiVo to have WiFi then

connect it to your network through the setting/manage network or change network (something like this) and then it will find your home router.

I can view the MyShows to see what there but the Watch is in grey and when i press it the message comes up ''Make sure your Tivo box is

connected to the same network'' or something in them words and also i see virgin media use to supply these but WiFi adapters.

Could you anyway please tell me a cheap one that i can use on the Tivo that will work,so you will never see your recorded shows on this box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know how to solve this and what is the best u.s.b. adapter to get so it will pick up my router as i still get the

problem as in the first post i put on here above.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Netgear WNCE2001 is an example of a suitable adapter.

Please note what I said in my earlier reply. You cannot watch recordings from a TiVo on an iPad. You need a V6 to enable this function. 

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,yes i did see the post saying this but why does it give you the option just saying on the iPad just to connect the

tivo box to the network im try to see the recording from and if the old tivo don't have WiFi aint you making it to have WiFi doing

it this way,im sorry for being a bit thick on this just i just press watch (in grey) on my iPad and it tries to connect then i get

the message''make sure your tivo box is connected to the same network'' also a lot of online forums says the u.s.b way.

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,just sorted it and now can watch Myshows on my iPad and also got the remote control there as well.

Connected a Ethernet lead to my one TiVo and went through the network setting to make it work off my network and all great

and so very,very fast to load listing etc.

Where the name comes up on my ipad how do i find the name of my TiVo box as i have 2 boxes and only 1 is connected to the network.

Thanks.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well done. I was about to reply that I watch recorded shows on my iPad through the same means as you have discovered.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lol yes but i cant still,all working and the 'Watch now' is there working with the remote etc but when i click it just flicks

and goes back to the same screen.

Been told you cant watch recorded content on other devices ''uk law'' only on the one you recorded it on and a nice few forums

say this so what are you gaining on having this connected to the network.

Also is there a setting im not doing if you say you can do this.

0 Kudos
jace1969
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also when will VM sort this out on the app as sky go you can watch catch up through the app so also

they have the problem with the ''uk laws'' so why can they do this,this app is just a waste of time as you cant

watch catch up or MyShows on your ipad even if your on the network,why can sky do this.

I would like to add.1000's of us have the TiVo and reading into this that as it says 'you can watch some'

Quote...'some' on the new V6 box if not copyrighted and allowed so again the V6 as that covered by ''some''

This is why it has 1or 2 star in rating on the app store,come on VM get this sorted.

0 Kudos