Menu
ipf444
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Service terrible after upgrade

Hi, I have been a Virgin customer for a number of years and had the 150Mbps package until last Saturday. I never had an issued constantly wired connections ran 100+ and wireless 30-60 through the house via Asus routers. However, I upgraded to Vivid 200Mbps on Saturday and since then at night the speed drops to <10Mbps. For the last 3 nights the speed has been so slow I can't even stream and download from C4, player etc. 

I called tech support and was given the same answer that high usage is causing the issue, and a fix is due by 29th March. 

Qu - Can I go back and have my superhub 2 router back? I feel I have been misold the service by Vigin, and would just like what I had before please. 

0 Kudos
Pacman4u
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same with Asus RT-AC-5300 on 200Mbp/s

I'm having the same issue .But it's definitely not your router though.When i do a speed test sometimes it drops by 50Mb.Even downloading a file it slightly freezes for a second or so.This is even with the Super-Dud 2 so it's obvious it's virgin.Ive been on the web site and my area has problems on the tv side.But even though it says my broadband is fine I've found in the past when the Tv side goes faulty it still causes problems with the broadband.
0 Kudos
ipf444
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same with Asus RT-AC-5300 on 200Mbp/s

I will continue to monitor but what I suspect is that every evening the speed with drop. Last night after peak time, and after 11pm when I got the message, "no internet connection", i.e. the speed was so slow there was nothing there, by 1am it was back to 30+Mbps, and earlier today back to 150+Mbps. Already at 5pm its back under 100Mbps.

What I found most disturbing this morning when I called I was told again about the peak hours restrictions and the work due to fix it by the end of March, i.e. I have to suffer 2months of service that last night was essentially unusable and <2% of what I was paying for.  But I was also told "there is other work in your area related to this issue".  Ok so when is it due to be finished?. Can't tell you. Can't or won't? I don't know when it will be.  Ok put me through to someone who can.  No one at Virgin knows this. 

As I explained, all work has a schedule and a project manager so someone does know. I was pushed off to two other departments, both of which stated that the above information was not true. There is no other work going on. So can someone from Virgin explain why the policy seems to be to provide alternative facts as to why the service is so poor?

Simply Virgin, as many others have stated here, have over expanded and have failed to ensure the equipment is in place to deliver the service that customers are paying for. 

I will look to switch to BT, as at least the reports there seem to indicate that it might not be as fast overall, but you at least get a minimum usable speed.

Shame on Virgin for treating customers with such contempt. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service terrible after upgrade

Hi ipf444,

I am really sorry for your reduced peak time speeds. Fault ref: F004702405 shows that a network upgrade is pending though we're still currently waiting for the pre-upgrade work to complete first. The progress on that work will be reviewed on 29/03/2017, and, at that time, we'll hopefully have a better idea of when the actual upgrade is likely to commence.

To be honest with you, if this fault was already reported at the time you upgraded then you should absolutely be able to downgrade back to your original package. If you wish to discuss that with Customer Services please call 150 (free from a VM landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone).  Please also take a look at my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page).

Thanks, 

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos