Menu
CGib
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Service outage in area 24 because of scheduled maintenance

Hi,

So scheduled maintenance in area 24 that was supposed to be over by 5pm has managed to break Internet until 4.40 tomorrow (I assume it's tomorrow anyway, automated message just gave a time). It's a really precise estimate on completion time, and not wanting to ask how/why scheduled maintenance broke tv and Internet that was working previously. Or why the automated message says you've 'found the fault' and 'sent an engineer' when it was scheduled maintenance.

Other than the very annoying automated message, may I offer a small customer service suggestion? Please don't send a letter telling people that service should be restored by 5pm, and if it isn't then they should call a number, if that number closes at 5pm. It's literally impossible to do and just makes it feel like you knew the problem would take longer to fix and didn't want to deal with complaints.

Just a suggestion.
0 Kudos
Makinpost
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service outage in area 24 because of scheduled maintenance

Hi, I am in area 24 too (Baldock) and we have been without TV or internet since Friday afternoon.  The service status section of my virgin media kept saying there were intermittent issues but the fix date kept being pushed back.  Tried calling 3 times on Saturday only to be cut off after waiting for ages in the call queue, finally got through to them on Sunday to be told that there is a signal/noise issue that isn't likely to be fixed until Friday this week!  It's a joke.

I hear on the grapevine (so take with a pinch of salt) that there are massive demand issues that are impacting on their servers which is not going to be resolved until April.

Like you, I'd rather just have the truth and an accurate fix date rather than being fed incorrect information.  We still haven't had any call/email/text/letter from Virgin explaining the situation - very poor in my view.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service outage in area 24 because of scheduled maintenance

Hi CGib,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry for the planned maintenance issues.

Sometimes, it can be difficult to gauge exactly how long certain jobs are going to take to fix and usually the fix time reflects this. Unfortunately, we can go over the initial estimate and I understand this is frustrating.

Which number did you call to get information? If you dial 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 you can get a service status. Also, this line is open until 10pm.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos