Menu
Scarydave
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Service Outage

Hey,
Today we had the fusebox trip, and since this my Superhub 3.0 wont connect to the internet, Instead i get an error message saying "Your unit is updating... please wait a moment"

i have unplugged / restored the router to factory settings.

The problem has persisted for roughly 6 hours so far

There are no service outages in my area

is this a known issue and can it be resolved?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service Outage

Your Hub 3.0 may have been updating its firmware when the power outage occurred and may have become corrupted.

I would try powering it off and then on again to see if the update then completes.

If not, I would try a pinhole reset. Make sure you hold the button in for a good 30 seconds.

Scarydave
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply!

I've just tried the full pinhole reset again, theres only the usual white bar light on the router as usual, and still the problem persistshelpme.png

i get the same page when i attempt to connect on any other external devices such as my android smarthphone.

0 Kudos
Scarydave
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is still happening many hours later!! whats going on
0 Kudos
Scarydave
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OKAY - VIRGIN MEDIA

Today i am supposed to pay my bill

if this isnt resolved in the next hour i'm not paying, and i'm cancelling my contract because i dont actually have internet access.

Also .. your live chat isnt even working, leaving me with NO WAY to contact you.

also i'm going to be including the result of this in several online broadcasts and popular blogs.

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Given that a reply from a member of the Virgin staff here could take a week or more to reply I suggest a phone call is needed. [Making sure your hub is switched on prior to call]
Off hand I would say your hub could have died, replacement required! [That could take another 3-5days]
If you call Virgin opt for the 'leaving us' option, have a decent chat with an english member of staff.
Hope something is sorted out to your satisfaction.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Scarydave,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your Hub isn't working since your power cut, it sounds like we need to get a replacement to you.

Apologies also for not getting back to you sooner, we are busy at the moment and multiple posts in the same thread does put you to the bottom of the queue as we work on posts based on the latest post date.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your delivery address.

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos