Menu
Rogueywon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Serious broadband issues - BR1 area

I've been having very serious issues in the BR1 area since around 23rd January. A sequence of area faults, each apparently affecting "hundreds" of people, which have resulted in total broadband/TV outages for around 6-8 hours each.

Last night (Monday), from about 8PM, there was a particularly severe outage. My broadband didn't come back until around 4:30PM today. When it did come back, there were serious problems with it. Downstream connection speeds are about what I would expect, but upstream now appears to be limited to about 0.05mbit. This is just about enough for web-browsing, but "real world" downloads (as opposed to speedtests) end up limited by the lack of upload capacity, while Skype, gaming and the VPN system I use to work from home are all completely unusable.

The service-status page says "all green", but when I dial 150, there is a message apologising for "intermittent problems" with broadband and TV in my area which are "unusually complex" and "taking longer than normal to resolve".

My guess is that the engineers working on this have deliberately capped the upload speed as a way of keeping the connection online. However, while I can web-browse, I can't do much else and my connection is effectively useless right now for my purposes. I've had no luck getting an ETA on a fix, or even confirmation that my guess is correct, via phone support.

Can anybody provide any further advice, or has anybody experienced anything similar before?

0 Kudos
Rogueywon
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Serious broadband issues - BR1 area

As of tonight, this issue appears to be fixed. I am guessing it was indeed a temporary solution put in to allow people to continue web-browsing pending a full fix for the area fault.

That's fine. It's a sensible step. But better customer information would have been appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Serious broadband issues - BR1 area

Hi Rogueywon

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of these intermittent connection issues you've been experiencing and I'll certainly take a look into it. 

When checking your connection there was a fault ticket open for SNR issues F005069093 and this type of fault can cause intermittent services unfortunately. It looks like everything has been resolved now which is great but if you do experience any further problems please let us know. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos