Menu
nineen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Samsung tab A dropping connection to wifi

Hi

I hope somebody can help . My daughter just got a Samsung tab A for Christmas and every day almost we have to reboot the router "Super hub 2 "as it drops the connection. It will not reconnect until the router is rebooted ( authentication error ). We have already exchanged the tablet and the new tablet does this too. We have no problem with other wifi routers. It's so frustrating. Please could you help .

P.S our other devices don't seem to have a problem

wannieb
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung tab A dropping connection to wifi

Hi there getting exactly same issue with Samsung Tab A 7 inch T230 model. I have had replacement tablet too as thought it was tablet first as everything else works okay. Only way at moment to get it to work is to reboot router but that seems to not be even working now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung tab A dropping connection to wifi

Hi nineen,

This is an odd issue. If there was a problem with the Hub then I'd expect other devices to experience disconnections too and if it's only your Samsung devices that are experiencing this then I'd lean towards this being an issue with that particular make. But I don't want to make any assumptions and would like to explore this further.

I have a few questions:

• Are your Samsung devices able to connect to another home network (non-Virgin Media) without the disconnections?
  • How often are these disconnections occurring?
  • What is the exact error message returned?
  • Do they connect to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless frequency?

Looking forward to your reply so I can look into this further for you. One final thing first though, would you please restore your Hub to factory settings and let me know if that helps or not?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos