Menu
sorrenmills
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Samsung TV streaming speed

I have Virgin Fibre, clocked at roughly 130mbps wired and 35mbps wireless however recently, in the last month or so, my Samsung smart tv is struggling to stream anything without timeouts and buffering. It only seems to be getting 0.5mbps at best and this is both wired and wireless as well. Wierdly, it seems to have normal ping and upload speed, just crappy download.

Is there any possibilty that the Virgin superhub is somehow throttling bandwidth to this device? Any other ideas? Samsung support have been useless so far - along the lines of, turn it off and turn it back on again. For my own part, I have tried the usual fixes suggested such as manually setting DNS to Google servers etc. None of it makes any difference. At the moment, I am better off watching Amazon video on my ipad than on a brand new tv. Its very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung TV streaming speed

Hi sorrenmills,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos