Menu
Brummiechap1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SLow speed what is happen to Virgin

What has happened to virgin years ago with Birmingham cable excellent speed then the start of virgin excellent speed the start of the 50mb wicked speed then came along vivid 100 and wow so upgraded and even took out the TiVo service then the start of only get a max of 25-30mb whilst paying for 100mb as the speed was ok for what I did I left it alone then nearly at the end of my 12 month contract I decide to go back for my tv to sky whilst on I complained about the speed and after a little chat they said they get someone to have a look and some expert to sort me out gave me a time and a day I thought ok but as the 50mb service was rocked solid I save some money a down grade to 50mb to get the constant 42- 51mb I was getting the year before .  The day and time came and no one called gave it an hour and got on to Virgin via the internet chat online they said they could find anything but according to them I was now getting the full speed and I thought maybe it was me so did a quick speed test a volia 95mb on a Saturday lunch time wicked I thought and wow then 10 mins later the call can I help said it sorted he did say some card had recently been changed at the box.  a couple of week at full speed was nice then it went down to 50mb then I start notice slow speed but was going on holiday so thought wait to after new year when I get back speed drop to 5-10mb I phoned virgin and said early jan and was told it should be a week but could take to end of march and they gave me a small £7.50 a month fee reduction or I could leave my contract since the maxi bt can offer in my area is 3mb I thought please sort asap a month now gone and speed around 12-17mb so a little improvement but not what I am paying for .

Please Virgin go back to the old days and give people what they pay for and that the left hand and right hand know what they are doing

0 Kudos
Brummiechap1971
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLow speed what is happen to Virgin

Also when I  check the services status says nothing - No Known issues

When I have told them it slow ???

Also when you run the test only get to 51% then says no problems found.

Also should I go back to superhub 1 that was rock solid ??

Any thoughts please let me know.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brummiechap1971,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004408046). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 29th March.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Brummiechap1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well had a letter say things should be fine but they are not phoned up tonight and told over utalisation and they say another 3 months this time the increase from £7.50 to £10 and a free upgrade from 50 to 70mb why do they over sale and how can this be stopped if a football match had too many fans the government would do something why do they let isp get away with it ?????

Have to stick with Virgin it is still slightly faster than BT .

0 Kudos