Menu
Igor23
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SH3 keeps disconnecting.

Hi,

We've had a new SH3 for about 3 weeks now, and it's just plain unreliable, constantly dropping connection, last week , we had an engineer come out, he replaced the cable connections to both V6 boxes and the SH3, he also added attenuators to them all, however, this has not improved the reliabilty of the SH3, it constantly disconnects, and despite constant rebooting, fails to stay connected. I examined the external box (where the cable enters our house), and found that when the second V6 box was installed, the box has been damaged and is now hanging off the wall, and has been "secured" by a large cable tie round the middle, leaving the wiring open to the elements above and below. We're expecting another engineer visit today, and I've now run out of annual leave, so when he eventually arrives, I'll need to take unpaid leave in order to explain to the engineer that: A: The external box needs replacing, B: The SH3 logs need looking at, C: despite many attempts I cannot get my phone or tablet to display the SH3 troubleshooting page properly, so cannot view or change any settings...

To say We're dissatisfied would be an understatement, I feel that Virgin could extend our offer from 9 months @ £100 to 12 months by way of compensating me for lost time, having used up the last of my annual leave on engineer visits.

0 Kudos
Igor23
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 keeps disconnecting.

Ok,

The engineer came, repaired the external box, but informed me that there's a problem that's affecting the local area, and provided me with a ticket number F005062266 (utilisation issue) that has a resolution date of 12-04-17. This morning I awoke (7.00 am) to find the SH3 disconnected again, and had no connection until 9 am. So we're faced with a month of intermittent internet access, and not a word of apology from Virgin, just grin and bear it...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Igor23, 

Thanks for letting me know about your issues with your broadband connection, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test your connection from here, but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed with diagnostics I will need some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Igor23,

Thanks for the response.

I have managed to locate your account and I've run some checks on your connection from here for you and I was able to locate the problem. When checking your connection I noticed that you're only locking onto one upstream channel and the power level for that channel is too high.

An engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing whats required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos