Menu
benny8ball
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SH3 and nest cam connection issues

Hello all, I cannot seem to connect my new nest cam to the Wi-Fi network. My brother in law has suggested this is because the SH3 cannot support IPV6 which the nest products require. Is this the case, and if so is there anything I can do to get up and running ? Thanks for the support!
0 Kudos
khenryashley
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 and nest cam connection issues

Nest cam doesn't require the sh3 to support IPV6. The nest cam is straight forward plug and play.
Are you using the app to set it up?

https://nest.com/uk/support/article/Troubleshooting-adding-Nest-Cam-to-a-Nest-Account-or-a-Wi-Fi-net...

0 Kudos
benny8ball
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried the app on my phone and using the PC and USB connection. Both get stuck on the final stage of connection.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there benny8ball,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with connecting your Nest Cam to the wireless network.

With the Hub 3.0 it does broadcast the both networks (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) as one. It may be worth logging into the router separating these with different names and passwords, as this will make it easier for your devices to connected too. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, sign in with the details underneath the router, on the left hand side under Advanced go into Wireless.

Try this and let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
iorourke
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've done all of the above and yet still can't get a Nestcam Outdoor to connect to my 2.4Ghz channel on my virgin wifi.

0 Kudos