Menu
par42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SH3 - Did you bother testing this ? DHCP reservation errors...

I have just "upgraded" from a SH2 to an SH3 to hopefully fix my wifi connection problems.

But did anyone bother testing the user interface before releasing this kit ?  

Type the password, hit enter nothing, oh no it is just waiting for 192.168.0.1...... 

I want to allocate fixed IP addresses to all of my devices.  So I go through the Advanced Settings DHCP page.  

1 - The response time on the web interface is appalling.

2 - Selecting a DHCP lease item does not always populate the ADD rule with the correct entry it may do the first time but second go can generate an ADD entry for the line below or above.

Wrong line enteredWrong line entered

3 - Most of the time after entering a reservation it reboots the SH3, some of the time it does not bother...

I prefer the latter as at least I don't have to wait for 2 minutes, sign in and go through the menus again, wait for it to populate the tables - I have 20 plus addresses I want to lock down.

4 - I made one reservation and low and behold after the next random reboot it had made a  reservation for the correct Mac address but had changed the IP address that it reserved.

I dread to think just how much fun I will have with port forwarding. I am not impressed.

0 Kudos
par42
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 - Did you bother testing this ? DHCP reservation errors...

Oooh the index is now out by 2 entries....

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 19.45.10.jpg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 - Did you bother testing this ? DHCP reservation errors...

You are not really doing "fixed" IP addresses, but "reserved" IP addresses. The only way to do a "fixed" IP address is to put the address into to actual device. This way you do not have to mess with the Hub3, just use a high address above the DHCP range.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos