Menu
mouldbox
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SH1 resets to default on power cycle

Hi all, having an issue with all settings on my super hub 1 resetting to default when power is switched off. Highly annoying as I do not like running a default ssid or leaving wps on. I have seen other posts referring to age of sh1 resulting in resets more frequently, is this true or is there a fix?

Thanks in advance, Mark

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SH1 resets to default on power cycle

it is failing, the flash memory is failing to be more specific.from your desrciption it is holding the config in volatile memory it cannot write it to flash memory as the memory no longer accepts writes . in other words, it's worn out.

the only cure is a replacement.

meanwhile - you can use backup + restore to keep replacing the config data and try not to power cycle it while you wait for an engineer or a DIY replacement ( which you will have to phone in and request)

0 Kudos

All Replies
mouldbox
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it is failing, the flash memory is failing to be more specific.from your desrciption it is holding the config in volatile memory it cannot write it to flash memory as the memory no longer accepts writes . in other words, it's worn out.

the only cure is a replacement.

meanwhile - you can use backup + restore to keep replacing the config data and try not to power cycle it while you wait for an engineer or a DIY replacement ( which you will have to phone in and request)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mouldbox, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your Hub. 

Although the connection looks ok from here I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mouldbox
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connections been great to be honest had one morning with no internet but that must had been due to work being done in the area as broadband was restored couple hours later. Just the modem settings issue on loss of power. Had no issue with SH1 for nearly 2 years and it has been powered on for most of that time as well. Thanks for the help, I've replied to your message.

0 Kudos