Menu
estta75
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SAMSUNG UE49KU6400 Smart 4k TV wont connect to virgin hub 3

Just moved in to a new house and had the virgin hub 3.0 installed. My SAMSUNG UE49KU6400 Smart 4k TV wont connect to virgin hub. Cannot even see the SSID on the list of available networks. Other devices in the house have found it fine.

Please help!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SAMSUNG UE49KU6400 Smart 4k TV wont connect to virgin hub 3

Hey estta75,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your Samsung smart TV won't join your wireless network. I've experienced this before and from what I remember, the Samsung's can be tricky.

You can try and change the operating wireless channel of your Hub, but this may impact your other devices. Take a look at this help article for instructions on how to do this.

However, my advice would be to consider a wireless range extender or power-line adapters. This link will take you to a page that explains more about extending your network and it also shows the products that we sell.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SAMSUNG UE49KU6400 Smart 4k TV wont connect to virgin hub 3

I found that you have to provide a static local IP address for the TV, to name the TV anything other than the default in both the Samsung settings and the HUb 3. The problem lies in the Samsung TV.

Turning to what you have reported, presumably you have set the TV to WiFi and also a smartphone, for example, can see the SSID at the TV location (like at the rear of the TV!).

I also found that anyone passing between the sort of direction from which WiFi was coming and the TV could disrupt the WiFi signal. Given the importance of a smart TV to home life, I put in a Powerline system so that the TV was connected by Ethernet to the Hub 3. I retained the static IP address and naming for consistency.

HTH

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos