Menu
isaacs022
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SAMSUNG CCTV DVR PORTS

I have a Samsung cctv DVR and to use remote access I need to do port forwarding. What are the best ports to do this and once I've configured the correct ports on router how does the Samsung DVR know what ports are being used ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SAMSUNG CCTV DVR PORTS

hiya @isaacs022 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, best to use the ports covered in the manual, what model of SAMSUNG CCTV DVR do you have?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
isaacs022
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have Samsung DVR 450. When I asked Samsung what ports to use they told me to ask virgin
0 Kudos
isaacs022
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Port forwarding is essentially the router recognising the ports a device is using and passing the packets through to the said device without disruption, so use the ports the device defaults too, now you must set the device to have a static IP, and then port forward those ports to the devices IP address 192.168.0.5 might be an example you setup, the rest will "just work" as long as its done right, but if you need a more detailed description give us a shout Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
isaacs022
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was wrong. I actually have a Samsung SRD-470D
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

checking the manual that isn't much help, for the ports you could take a look at need to forward 80 and 554, 555, 556, 557 both UDP and TCP to the static IP address found in -> http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/forums/about4808.html
also with the config i would suggest setting the IP address in the high region e.g. 192.168.0.200 also if your using a hub3 might run into issues.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
isaacs022
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok so if I enter those details into my router hoe does DVR know which ports to use?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the DVR is already set to use those ports
0 Kudos