Menu
aak1492
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Routing problems to third-party email server

Hi,

Over the last few days I've noticed problems accessing my remote email server when connecting directly via my VM connection.  Using either my personal domain name/IP (chizzum.com - 192.99.60.238) or the underlying server URL/IP (redhorse.flexihostings.net - 158.69.116.101) results in the same problem. 

Done all the usual troubleshooting things - rebooted everything from the hub through to the PCs - with no effect, and connecting to the server via EE 4G, or via VM using the VPN built into Opera works just fine.  The problem only arises when routing to the server from the VM network.

Really don't want to have to spend ages on the phone to support having to work through the scripted suggestions or trying to spell out URLs and IP numbers, and can't use webchat because their opening hours ever so neatly coincide with the times I'm either driving to/from work or am at work myself, so registering with the forum just to post a plea for help seems to be my only real option... 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Routing problems to third-party email server

Hey aak1492,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're having, it sounds frustrating. Have you tried Modem Mode to rule out an IP issue? Have you previously had to port forward to gain access?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
aak1492
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, thanks for replying.

My SHUB has been running in modem mode since the day I installed it, and I've never needed to do anything particular regarding port forwarding or any other settings in order to access my server before.

Pleased to say that the problem does now appear to have cleared itself though, so touch wood this was just one of those random glitches that happens from time to time and won't happen again!

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like the webhost might of banned your ip address for some reason. they of often timed bans so would explain why its now working
0 Kudos