Menu
T5YOB
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router won't log in

Received my new VM Superhub 3 today all set up and working fine with all devices, Just it wont let me log into my router when I select English and then it asks me for the password that came with the hub it won't accept it? Even tho the password works fine when I connected my devices to it..

Also I have no idea if I am on 5G or 2G wifi as I can't log in and when you connect I can only find one connection VM******* and doesn't say 2g or 5g

Can anyone help? Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router won't log in

Might be worth a factory reset of the hub to make sure all the passwords are the defaults that are on the hub's label.  Reset instructions HERE.

By default the Hub 3 ships with the same SSID for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands so only one connection is visible to devices.  This can be changed once you are able to login to the hub and access the wireless settings.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also worth noting that the password used for devices to connect to the hub is not the same as the one use to login to the hub to make changes, the hub uses the one marked "Settings password".

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

T5YOB
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Excellent stuff thanks didn't know that.. Problem sorted now since seeing this, Thank you for your help

0 Kudos