Menu
HazzaTL
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router (super hub 2 I think)

A couple of weeks ago my Wifi signal on my mobile phone started dropping several times a day, then over the next couple days increased to 2 or 3 times an hour...

Since the laptop, netbook, nephews mobile, etc... wasn't dropping connection I checked all sorts of settings on my mobile. 

I decided, since my mobile wasn't experiencing any connection issues on any other WiFis I decided to change the broadcast channel and reset the router. and for a couple weeks (4-6 weeks or so cannot remember how long precisely) I have experienced no WiFi loss on my mobile. 

Then last Wednesday, my nephew asks how come his Xbox One is randomly losing connection where his friends xbox's don't (from what he said, it happened only the twice). I replied that the WiFi is ok, as no other devices were losing connection. Then Friday my mobile starts losing connection again....

By Sunday it's gone from a couple of times to at least twice an hour... So out of frustration I power cycle the router and my mobile stops losing the wifi connection. and (so far) it's been fine. 

There's hardly any neighbours wifis interfering. 

Is this a sign of my Router starting to fail, and I need a new one? I am unsure how old it is. 

0 Kudos
HazzaTL
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router (super hub 2 I think)

just checked and realised, it's a superhub 1.

0 Kudos
HazzaTL
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A response would be greatly appreciated...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi HazzaTL, 

Thanks for posting! I am terribly sorry to hear about your Super Hub dropping connection, I apologise for any troubles incurred. 

I have run some tests from here and I can see that there's a lot of time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos