Menu
yodaspole
Joining in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Router reseting

Hello hope this is in the right place (I'm a noob).ok here goes need so advice or help please my super hub keeps what I think is reseting blue arrow goes to yellow kicks everyone off the net then goes to Blue again happens at indiscriminate times been on the phone they are saying unless it happens when they are looking at it there is not a fault. I'm at my wits end

Helpful Answers
mykyl66
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router reseting

Unfortunately your not the only one. One minute its a fault in your area next its a fault in your cable etc etc. I have an engineer coming round on Saturday morning. Apparently that might fix it... Smiley Wink Although my mate at the other end of town has exactly the same issue and it seems to be exactly the same problem being reported a few times in a few areas on these forums.

Maybe an engineer coming to my home will fix all you folks problems. Wooo hoooo.  Smiley Wink

Seriously I hope it gets fixed for you quickly. Its 5 or 6 days here so far and it disconnects hourly since yesterday.

0 Kudos
Fluffmonster
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are definitely not alone - We have been experiencing several drops that eventually results in the router resetting - sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

The joyful part of the experience has been that these constant and regular drops (2 - 10+ per day) has been going on nearly daily for approximately 3 months - and as I often rely on my internet service to do my job, this has cost me a fortune on mobile data...

Fun fact: they apparently installed a new server bank in the area and post this install the sadness ensued.

What has been done to sort me out / shut me up?

• 2 Router replacements (including a subsequent free upgrade to the new Superhub and BONUS: faster connection tbc),
  • 2 engineer visits and
  • several support call assurances later we are finally assured that the problem is being addressed by
  • engineers out in the field (that will DEFINITELY resolve my issues of 3 months in the next couple of hours)... 

Forgive me for being sceptic...

Regular errors received are:

• 82000400 (Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received)
  • 82000700 (Unicast ranging received abort response)
  • 840000700 (RCS Partial Service)
  • 82000200 (No Ranging Response Received)
  • 820000700 (Ranging Response received Abort Response)
  • 84000500 (Timing synchronisation failures)

Service Desk

Calling the helpdesk has been a delight as well - staff is generally very friendly (bar the rude fella on call number 6; escalation level 3), however after you have to repeat yourself several times and go through the assumed WiFi error steps before your call is escalated to the next level tech support team (despite confirming at the outset that wireless has been proven to NOT be the issue, we are addressing issues while looking at both a wired and wireless connection) it gets old rather quickly. I normally humour them rather patiently as we all know the escalation only happens after (what we have fondly started referring to as going through the baby steps):

• agent 1 has completed his/ her checklist before you can / will be escalated to agent 2...
  • agent 2 then needs to be humoured again to complete his/her checklist (prepare to explain again that it is not a WiFi issue (we still  have both a wired and wireless device going at the same time) you are finally escalated to Agent 3.
  • Now we are talking... or are we?

I am keenly awaiting feedback tomorrow morning regarding the miracle fix, the fabulous service I can expect from this point onwards, and even a refund on service I have sadly been lacking for months. I feel very strongly that we have reached that part of the journey where patience has become mythical... it is now crunch time, and fixes need to start happening. Please, please, pretty please with several cherries and all that.

All Replies
mykyl66
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately your not the only one. One minute its a fault in your area next its a fault in your cable etc etc. I have an engineer coming round on Saturday morning. Apparently that might fix it... Smiley Wink Although my mate at the other end of town has exactly the same issue and it seems to be exactly the same problem being reported a few times in a few areas on these forums.

Maybe an engineer coming to my home will fix all you folks problems. Wooo hoooo.  Smiley Wink

Seriously I hope it gets fixed for you quickly. Its 5 or 6 days here so far and it disconnects hourly since yesterday.

0 Kudos
yodaspole
Joining in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Had a engineer book for today but they sent a text saying that they are cancelling the appointment because it was fixed out phoned then to ask for a update just off the phone and it reset again . I can't win ??
0 Kudos
grantmo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems as well.

I also got a text last night to cancel my engineer visit for tomorrow as there was a problem in my area. When I phoned today about this I was told there is no problem in my area and the person wanted to try a few things to try fix it and I don't need an engineer.

I was told I would get a phone call tonight at 7pm so they could try fix it but they have not called.

Very bad service.
Fluffmonster
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are definitely not alone - We have been experiencing several drops that eventually results in the router resetting - sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

The joyful part of the experience has been that these constant and regular drops (2 - 10+ per day) has been going on nearly daily for approximately 3 months - and as I often rely on my internet service to do my job, this has cost me a fortune on mobile data...

Fun fact: they apparently installed a new server bank in the area and post this install the sadness ensued.

What has been done to sort me out / shut me up?

• 2 Router replacements (including a subsequent free upgrade to the new Superhub and BONUS: faster connection tbc),
  • 2 engineer visits and
  • several support call assurances later we are finally assured that the problem is being addressed by
  • engineers out in the field (that will DEFINITELY resolve my issues of 3 months in the next couple of hours)... 

Forgive me for being sceptic...

Regular errors received are:

• 82000400 (Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received)
  • 82000700 (Unicast ranging received abort response)
  • 840000700 (RCS Partial Service)
  • 82000200 (No Ranging Response Received)
  • 820000700 (Ranging Response received Abort Response)
  • 84000500 (Timing synchronisation failures)

Service Desk

Calling the helpdesk has been a delight as well - staff is generally very friendly (bar the rude fella on call number 6; escalation level 3), however after you have to repeat yourself several times and go through the assumed WiFi error steps before your call is escalated to the next level tech support team (despite confirming at the outset that wireless has been proven to NOT be the issue, we are addressing issues while looking at both a wired and wireless connection) it gets old rather quickly. I normally humour them rather patiently as we all know the escalation only happens after (what we have fondly started referring to as going through the baby steps):

• agent 1 has completed his/ her checklist before you can / will be escalated to agent 2...
  • agent 2 then needs to be humoured again to complete his/her checklist (prepare to explain again that it is not a WiFi issue (we still  have both a wired and wireless device going at the same time) you are finally escalated to Agent 3.
  • Now we are talking... or are we?

I am keenly awaiting feedback tomorrow morning regarding the miracle fix, the fabulous service I can expect from this point onwards, and even a refund on service I have sadly been lacking for months. I feel very strongly that we have reached that part of the journey where patience has become mythical... it is now crunch time, and fixes need to start happening. Please, please, pretty please with several cherries and all that.

Fluffmonster
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

And to keep you all posted:

During the night there was - No fix.

This morning there was - No call.

This is fast becoming the most gripping edge of my seat experience ever...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi yodaspole,

To set your mind at rest, yes you have posted on the correct board. Even if you hadn't we'd have still replied Smiley Happy

But thanks for joining our Community, I'm sure you'll find us to be helpful.

Step one to resolving this is for me to run some diagnostic tests - however I am unable to locate your Hub details so have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting some additional information.  Please reply when you can and I'll commence testing.

I can see that you've already received some interesting responses to your post. The fact is that disconnections are a symptom of a fault and not all symptoms point to the same cause. 

So I'll be individually investigating (and replying to) the other customers who have posted on here.

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi mykyl66,

Apologies for your disconnection issues though I am at least able to provide an answer. Fault ticket F004510965 was raised for degraded service on your network segment. The attending network engineer remedied an Amp issue and the network has been fault free since then. They are continuing to monitor this though, just in case it resurfaces.

Your upstream power levels are still a tad on the high side. So I propose to check the fault ticket regularly for updates. Once it's confirmed as being fully fixed I'll re-test your Hub's power levels to determine whether or not an engineer appointment is required.

I'll try to remember to get back to you by Saturday at the outside, but please don't hesitate to post a reminder if needed Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi grantmo,

I've just checked your connection and you're connected to a different CMTS (cable modem termination station) to that of mykyl66, so that fault is not applicable to you.

I'm not detecting any faults or issues from my tests so if you don't mind I'd like a little more information from you to aid my investigation:

• How often are these disconnects occurring?
  • Do they happen at any particular time of day?
  • Are wired or wirelessly connected devices affected (or both)?
  • Do the Hub lights go off or change in any other way?

Please provide any other information that may be pertinent and I'll do what I can to help.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fluffmonster,

I am truly sorry if you feel that help with your connection issues hasn't been forthcoming.

My investigations reveal a number of reported issues with partial/intermittent/total loss of service in your area. Two days ago, on the 14th, work was undertaken to replace some damaged cabling at the Headend and this appears to have remedied the issue.

I can only apologise for the amount of time it took to reach this point, but some faults are relatively easy to diagnose and repair whilst others are more complex. This was one of the latter.

Has your connection improved in the last 2 days? If you have any ongoing issues please post an update - I'll be happy to help out.

Kind wishes Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos