Menu
Prudenceman
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router "Guest" feature

I have a guest feature on my Virgin Superhub 3.0. I am planning to use it when I let the property. My question is can a tenant over-ride the guest feature by performing a reset using the reset button, then logging on to the router using the default user name and password?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router "Guest" feature

Yes, they can.

The Guest feature is not designed to lock anyone out of the Hub 3.0 if they have unattended access. It's there to separate someone's access from the rest of the devices connected to the main Hub 3.0 network.

However if there are no other devices connected, gaining access to the primary SSID and password doesn't give anyone any additional access to your billing account or ability to change details or services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Customers can't install anything onto the Virgin Media Hubs. Doesn't matter which Wireless network they have access to.

Any activity on the Guest network is still the ultimate responsibility of the account holder.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, they can.

The Guest feature is not designed to lock anyone out of the Hub 3.0 if they have unattended access. It's there to separate someone's access from the rest of the devices connected to the main Hub 3.0 network.

However if there are no other devices connected, gaining access to the primary SSID and password doesn't give anyone any additional access to your billing account or ability to change details or services.

Prudenceman
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It was hacking the router for malware installation or other sinister purposes I was worried about. Is there any way round that risk?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Customers can't install anything onto the Virgin Media Hubs. Doesn't matter which Wireless network they have access to.

Any activity on the Guest network is still the ultimate responsibility of the account holder.
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator