Menu
blackaim18
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router problems

My internet just stoped working and i've checked on the site and it seems to work with "run test" , however it doesn't connect to the internet.

I've tried to unplug , reset , switch off/on without any change.

There is a blinking green led that keeps flashing and on top the wifi on that's always on.

any idea what could be wrong ?
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router problems

If the light keeps reverting back to the green flashing LED (on the SuperHub 3.0) then this would indicate a problem with the connection back to Virgin Media.

Does the 'Service Status' on your online account show any known issues in the local area ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
blackaim18
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i just checked and there is "no known issues" it worked fine until half an hour ago , and no one changed any settings on it ... i dont get it.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It might be that they are not yet aware of the problem.  This happened to me when a cable in the road got cut through about a week or so ago.

I would recommend you give Virgin Media a call and get this reported as a fault.  They will be able to find out whether the router is faulty and needs to be replaced, or whether an engineer needs to be called out to check things.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
blackaim18
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it started working after 3 hours ... no idea what was that anyway.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It must have just been a temporary issue that they were able to solve quickly.  Thanks for coming back on here to let us know it is now working.

-

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi blackaim18,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment just to make sure there wasn't anything sinister causing the issue and everything is looking healthy.

Keep an eye on it and give me a shout if you get any more problems.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos