Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (93 Views)

Router problems poor wifi

Had the same problems as mikethebike2010 and have done reset thing but still getting trop  out of wifi signal or very poor at the point where I think it's time for a new router. And really don't want to talk with anyone else a million miles away who really can't talk English very good and just reads off a script and is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard 😕

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 5 (91 Views)

Re: Router problems poor wifi

You can either wait for a member of Virgin Media staff to reply on here (maybe around a week) or speak to their UK call centre.  If you wish to speak to them on the phone select the option that you are thinking of leaving Virgin Media - this will put you through to their loyalty department which is 100% UK based.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (63 Views)

Hello UKroy,

Thanks for joining the community to report this fault Smiley Happy

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. Before we look into replacing your equipment, can you confirm if you've tried changing your wireless channel? This will often improve problems caused by wireless interference.

Please let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)

Sorry for late reply but yes I have changed channel as I see other people around me where useing the same channel then I phoned  and tech guy asked me to do a factory reset which I did but still getting very poor wifi on a 200 mb line.

I must say the tech guy from the uk  was very good who I last spoke with on the phone 👍

Thanks 

roy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)

Hello Roy

Glad you spoke to a clever person, wireless problems can be so difficult to pin down or even resolve as there are some many variables. Happy to send you another hub to try but just want to check we have your correct address, I will send you a forum private message to check.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos