Menu
fizz
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Router problem?

I have a problem with broadband. Router has all the lights flashing very rapidly when powered on including lan ports. I phoned 150 and got fobed off with there is a problem in your area and we can see your router etc. They booked an engineer for a day I'm at work despite me saying I would not be in quoting ' it would be cancelled anyway when the problem is fixed' and that as it is 'five days away that indicates there is an area problem' . This is not acceptable especially when the status shows no problems. Can someone please help as I don't want an engineer coming on a day I can't. Make.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router problem?

You don't say whether or not you have Internet access through your hub.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nothing no Internet access I can't sign on to it either just very rapid flashing led's. I am also on call for work this week and require working Internet to log on to work so need sorting ASAP as I am certain it is a faulty modem
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The VM bods usually take a week or so to get to a thread. But you need a replacement hub much sooner than that. Offshore appear to have lied to you so I've done the Community thing and flagged your situation to the Mods who might, only might, get a VM bod on the forum to you more quickly. They can then send you a new router. In any case all this will take a few days.

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router problem?r

Thanks Seph can only hope. Offshore really could not wait to get rid of me and did not listen to what I was saying. Status still showing no area problems despite the high number of apparant calls from my area saying broadband down as I reported my fault within minutes of the router going down.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Seph.

Hello fizz

I am sorry you have lost connection and for the problems when you called in, it does not look to be an area problem. It is a difficult call to say whether it is the hub or the line but we are happy to send you a replacement hub and rearrange the engineer appointment if necessary. I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mods & Nicola.

fizz
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy response. Faith restored but not in the call centre I am fuming about that one...
0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New hub on way, for info I powered my hub up yesterday, or not as the case may be, no lights at all, dead as a dodo!! So it looks like it is the hub. I await my new one :-)
0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

new hub arrived ok, installed and all working. Many thanks please cancel the engineer appointment for Monday 27th February please. Also please pass on my anger to the customer services people regarding the blatent lies about outage in the area and also for booking an appointment I could not be here for despite me saying so and then spinning me a line about it will be cancelled anyway. Darren
0 Kudos