Menu
brfc222
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router not working after move

Hello, I'm looking for some help getting my wireless broadband working in a new home. I'll try to keep this fact based but I am just astounded by how incompetent Virgin Media have been so that may come through.

I had SuperFibre 50 working in my old flat with a SuperHub 2 (I think). I moved flat at the weekend, and a Virgin Media technician came round to install my SuperHub in my new flat. Apparently my SuperHub was not in their system (for some reason, no idea why) so he had to give me a new one (again, I have no idea why). He installed the new one and left, first telling me that the signal was currently intermittent but it would start working properly once the SuperHub had been activated. He had no idea how long that would be, which seemed fairly pathetic. Anyway, two days later it still wasn't working, so I tried plugging in my old Superhub...and it worked great...for an hour. And then it stopped working. But that was great, because at least it means there is a connection to the internet!

Anyway, I plugged in my new router again instead and it still wasn't working, so I called up Virgin Media and explained the situation. Unfortunately I just got some guy reading a script to me (as in, he literally ignored what I was saying and read his useless script). Obviously I'd already tried resetting the router and unplugging it; that didn't fix the problem. He said he'd send an engineer round, and offered me a series of 4 hours slots on weekdays which is no good to me (because I can't work from home without internet) and which I wasn't convinced was of any use because the problem is almost certainly not at my end, right? Anyway, as I say, he wouldn't listen to what I was actually saying (presumably because he had no expertise whatsoever) so 37 minutes later I ended the phonecall. The one useful thing he did say was that my new router was the correct router for my account and that it was activated (although to be honest he didn't sound completely convinced).

So yeh, any ideas what might be happening, or what I should do next? Here are the logs from the SuperHub UI...

VMLogs.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
brfc222
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router not working after move

(As an aside, is it normal for Virgin Media to ask for your full account password over the phone? That seemed odd to me...)

0 Kudos
brfc222
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What I'd really like more than Virgin Media Community badges is for my internet that I'm presumably going to be paying full price for to work

0 Kudos
brfc222
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has finally been resolved - neither of the routers I had were on my account (despite me explicitly checking that during that absolute jerk-off of a phonecall)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi brfc222,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had getting this sorted.

I'm glad to hear everything is sorted now! Give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos