Menu
beezelBug
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router not broadcasting it's SSID

The router lights are showing correctly, my wired connection to the xbox is working but I cannot see the router broadcasting it's SSID for me to pick up or for a device to connect to the wireless network.

Logging in to my virginmedia account it says my broadband has been upgraded but no date was given when that was. Has an upgrade happened on my router resetting things?

If it has then I have a problem as all we have in the household are tablets and a surface pc...nothing with a wired connection for me to connect to the router now to change settings

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router not broadcasting it's SSID

Hi beezelBug,

Welcome to our Community, glad you've found us Smiley Happy

Apologies though for the wireless issue you had on your Hub. My tests just now showed that devices are connected wirelessly so it looks like you may have managed to resolve things since posting.

However, your Hub is reporting low modem SNR and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to attend to that. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and shall schedule an appointment when I get your reply.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

beezelBug
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the problem was that the router had reset all its settings to default... I worked that out when I checked what SSIDs were being broadcast and the default was showing up....

Problem solved

0 Kudos
Devon44
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just received my new router, set up with no problems. SSID picked up by all our Apple devices, connected, again no problem. Then tried to connect our two Roberts internet radios, but the SSID was not picked up by the wizard. All networks nearby but not mine. Tried setting manually, would not connect. Never had this issue before. Baffled. Tried factory reset of radio, no good. Then switched radios and router off at the mains. Left them for several hours. Came back switched all on, turned on wizards on radios, success. Then connected without any issue. Worth trying this with any devices that won't connect, perhaps.

0 Kudos