Menu
bertybert27
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router needs regular reset

For the last few weeks we have been having to regularly reset our router in order to get internet access. When the connection is restored the service is as expected. This really only started happening after our speed was upgraded.

Can you advise me how to proceed, as it is becoming a more and more regular occurrence.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router needs regular reset

Hi bertybert27

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you need to reset the Super Hub to gain internet access.

When I checked your connection, the router is showing as offline. Is it turned off as not in use? If you can let me know when you are back online and I can check this further for any issues.

In the meantime does the broadband disconnect on all devices? Does the connection still work on a wired device?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bertybert27
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

The router was off at the time you checked - it is back online now. Also the entire internet connection drops out, wired as well as wireless. As I said, a reset usually gets us back immediately but it can be quite inconvenient

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bertybert27

Thanks for the reply.

The router is now online, I can see that the downstream power levels are too low and the upstream is too high. As this can cause an impact on your broadband I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. 

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bertybert27
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have experienced no further issues with the internet access (hard wired PC) since the engineers visit, so that side of things is fine.

However, we are now having to re-set the router at least twice a day in order to get a wifi signal.

I have checked on each occasion with phones, tablets, wifi analyzer etc.. and the router is not available despite all blue lights looking normal.

If I power cycle the router I have wifi again, within about two minutes.

As stated above, despite having no wifi signal I have full internet connection on hard wired devices so connection to the street etc is not an issue.

It is a small fault but one which is becoming a source of great annoyance on a daily basis.

Many thanks for your assistance with this matter

Simon

0 Kudos