Menu
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 1 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Router (SH2) on the last leg

HI,

recently I started getting random loss of connectivity.

It either restores itself after a while or I have to reboot the router to get connectivity back.

I reset SH to factory settings, it is still happening.

Here is the screenshot of today's disconnect:

RS Errors: https://flic.kr/p/H8qoPA

And this one from few days back network status log:

https://flic.kr/p/GLankd

Disconnects are random, every couple of days. After factory reset disconnects did not occur for 4 days until today. Todays disconnect happened while I was watching youtube video.

Still would like to have stable and solid connection as I used to have.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router (SH2) on the last leg

Hi Muziqaz,

Sorry to hear you've been getting drop outs. I've just checked your connection and can see T3s on your line but can't see anything that could cause them. All your other stats look perfectly healthy. I think it's best we get a technician out to check everything over so I've sent you a private message to arrange the best time.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 3 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yeah when it is working it is working great. But when it drops and gets back up, error rate is through the roof, as seen on my provided screenshots.

Regards

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 4 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Just to let everyone know, the engineer came in on Saturday morning, swapped the routers and now it seems to be stable. Will monitor it for couple of weeks though for any irregularities.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it's looking stable now Muziqaz. 

If you do get any more irregularities be sure and let us know and we'll be happy to check everything over again for you.

Cheers

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 6 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it seems I am still experiencing similar issue, just without the loss of connectivity. 

Network status is showing quite a few Post RS Errors (Ranging from 96 to 400). Pre RS Errors are in 15-16000 range now.

Just now I was playing Warframe and my squad dropped out, I checked the router status and it was showing high Post RS counts as mentioned above.

Router was swapped to brand new one last Saturday by VM engineer.

Also tries speedtest.net ping test, it failed to test the packet loss test. Tried several times.

Network Status showing one T3 event.

Also during the problematic period when my squad drops out, Valve Steam behaves as if I just launched the game, showing broadcast messages and other stuff usually visible briefly when I launch any Steam game.

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 7 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Router just restarted right after T3 event, it also said something about TOD.

Post RS error count after restart did not change.

I really doubt this is router playing up. might be something to do with those T3 events.

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 8 of 65
Flag for a moderator

ok, more info.

It seems that I get the entry of T3 time out in network log, and straight after that T4 time out, which restarts the router.

Post RS errors count is in 3-4 hundreds. 

So I would like to know **bleep** is happening with those T3/4 timeouts and what is causing them, and how to fix them, because I need stable connection not some disconnect fest whenever we want.

0 Kudos
muziqaz
Dialled in
Message 9 of 65
Flag for a moderator

This happened today again, twice one after another.

01/06/2016  23:42:44  82000400  Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

Router actually does not restart, just internet goes away, Network Status during that period does not show any info in regards to Errors. As if it lost communication with outside world.

Exactly when T4 times out, I lose internet. It takes a solid minute to internet come back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi muziqaz, 

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated on your connection issues! Apologies for any bother as I know that time outs can be annoying.

I've had a look at your connection form here today and I can see that an engineer will be required to visit as there's a very high number of T3 and T4 time outs inside the Hubs logs.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos