Menu
chrisw11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router Noise

Hi All,

Recently my router has started making rumbling noises.... The best way I can describe it is that it is like a constant pitter patter like someone is trying to send me a morse code message Smiley Wink

Its driving me and my wife nuts!! has anyone else had the same issue? Does the router need replacing or has anyone come up with any ways to reduce the noise?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Noise

Hi Chris,

Is it definitely the hub and not the power supply plug making the noise?  Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will be along in a while (might be a few days) and organise a replacement for you.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
chrisw11
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave I don't know I just assumed it was the router. I will check when I am home this evening and confirm.

0 Kudos
chrisw11
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So it turns out the noise is coming from the TiVO box!

And after a few google searches I can see this is a common problem, I'll have a search around the forum and see if anyone can recommend anything to subdue the noise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

chrisw11 wrote:

So it turns out the noise is coming from the TiVO box!

And after a few google searches I can see this is a common problem, I'll have a search around the forum and see if anyone can recommend anything to subdue the noise.

Thanks

A 6lb club hammer comes to mind.     Smiley LOL

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisw11,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've got a noisy TiVo®.

If the sound is audible over you regular viewing, then it's definitely a problem! Is the box sitting on a potentially noisy surface such as glass? If so, vibrations from the TiVo® on the surface could be causing the noise. If this is the case, try placing a non-slip mat under the TiVo® to see if that helps.

If there is a loud, clunking noise coming from the TiVo® itself, we'll need to get a technician to take a look. Juts in case, I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment. If it turns out to be the surface the TiVo® is on, you can ignore the private message.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos