Menu
walshy91
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Router Needs Restarting Every Day - Time For A New One?

Hi, 

Over the last 4 or 5 days, at some point each day (different times) the internet will stop working - wifi only I believe, it will take minutes to load webpages or require multiple page reloads and only a reboot of the router fixes the problem (temporarily). The router is quite old - the original superhub I believe and so I think it may be the router. Is it possible to get a replacement as otherwise I'm really happy with the speed and service. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forgotten
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Needs Restarting Every Day - Time For A New One?

walshy91 wrote:

Hi, 

Over the last 4 or 5 days, at some point each day (different times) the internet will stop working - wifi only I believe, it will take minutes to load webpages or require multiple page reloads and only a reboot of the router fixes the problem (temporarily). The router is quite old - the original superhub I believe and so I think it may be the router. Is it possible to get a replacement as otherwise I'm really happy with the speed and service. 

Thanks,

This could possibly be down to the router itself but have you tried to simply Re-configure your Wireless Network? is it only 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz that experiences the issue, is it specific devices that experience the disconnections/slowdown each time or all of them?

Also you checked at all the current channel the WiFi is operating of and have you tried to change it to another that is not as occupied?

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - How everyone in a technical field should think.
0 Kudos
kevnjohn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, few weeks ago I was having the similar problem but when I changed my router this problems resolved.

0 Kudos
walshy91
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, it is all devices wirelessly (although wired devices are used less so that's more difficult to tell) and it is both wireless bands.

The router is normally set to automatically select a channel but I have tried changing it to a number of different ones that appear free which doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi walshy91,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

It seems likely to be a fault with the equipment itself. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos