Menu
smileriraq
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router Issues

I wonder if you can help because I am at the end of my tether because I cannot get an answer from your support (either chat or telephone)

Basically at least 4 times a week the internet just drops out. It still broadcasts the wireless signal which laptops and phones can connect to but there is no internet. I managed once to get you guys on the phone but they offered the same solution that I came up with ie (reboot the router) which does fix the problem most of the time until the next time it happens. Its getting irritating now especially when it occurs at inopportune times (streaming a movie for example) as it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to complete the reset. When it goes ive tried wired and wireless and no internet comes through. Its particularly annoying as every time i reboot I have to set up the parental controls on the router to limit my sons activity time on the internet.

Im fairly IT savvy (used to work for you guys as tech support back when you were cabletel) so I have a fairly good tech knowledge and Im fairly sure its the router. The problem is that trying to get in contact with you guys is very difficult especially when it goes down is outside of working hours (and your peak time)

Is there any chance I can have the router replaced??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Issues

Hi smileriraq,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to sort this out for you. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos