Menu
TShirtJohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ring doorbell

Installed ring doorbell months ago without any problems until I upgrade to the v3 hub and now most functionality doesn't work with the doorbell. I've tried reinstalling and changing wifi channels too but nothing. Decided to try the doorbell on someone else's network and full functionality again via virgin media v2 hub so its obviously something that's not right with the new v3 hubs? Anyone any idea? The doorbell system will stay over the new v3 hub if it comes to it
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ring doorbell

Complete shots in the dark here.   Maybe you only have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi enabled on the wifi SSIDs on the SH3?  Try enabling your guest wifi and set it to only 2.4Ghz and test with that?  I had a device that did not like to connect to my SH3 when both bands were enabled with the same SSID.

Can you update the firmware on the doorbell as maybe a known issue with SH3's?

Other than that I can only say put the SH3 in modem modem and add your own router and use that wifi.

Cheers

All Replies
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Complete shots in the dark here.   Maybe you only have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi enabled on the wifi SSIDs on the SH3?  Try enabling your guest wifi and set it to only 2.4Ghz and test with that?  I had a device that did not like to connect to my SH3 when both bands were enabled with the same SSID.

Can you update the firmware on the doorbell as maybe a known issue with SH3's?

Other than that I can only say put the SH3 in modem modem and add your own router and use that wifi.

Cheers

TShirtJohn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a go, I did think that could possibly be the answer at one point
0 Kudos
whiteswan
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi did you solve this ?

I couldn't solve it to be honest - I put SH3 in modem mode and am using ASUS AC68U as a router and its all working again.

I have 2 x ring doorbells front and back - a stick up cam and a ring security light on its way.

Dave
0 Kudos
TShirtJohn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

of course i've not got it solved lol virgin media seriously needs to get to grips with these modems they are releasing

I am considering the Linksys Velop and putting the v3lump into modem mode 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TShirtJohn,

So sorry you didn't manage to resolve this. I am in agreement with FlashPan - Super Hub 3 has, by default, the same password for both of it's wireless frequencies. Changing these can help:

• Access your Hub by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser.
  • Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security.
  • Make sure that the Wifi Network Name is different for the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz frequencies..
  • Change the passwords for one or both.
  • Click on Apply Changes and reconnect.
  • I also located this Ring Help page.

Please let us know how you get on, we'll be happy to help further if needed.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos