Menu
ChevyChase
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ring Video door bell

I cant get the Video door bell to appear in the wifi list during install at my Mums address, she has a Virgin Media Super hub 2ac

I know its a router issue as I can install it on  my Sky router.

Has anyone successfully set up a Ring video door bell on a Sky super hub 2ac, and if so what changes did you need to make

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ring Video door bell

Hello ChevyChase,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your wireless door bell. I have to admit I've not attempted to connect one of these before so I don't know the specifics. We might need to change security settings or apply some port forwarding rules,  I'll leave this post open for other members of the community to comment with advice.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ChevyChase
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have entered the units mac address in the router but still no joy, unable to assign the Ring Bell with an IP, has to be DHCP from router so cant enter any port forwarding, can the fire wall be temp disabled to check its a port restriction?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey ChevyChase,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Has the door bell been assigned an IP address? If so you could try and add that into the DMZ rule to see if that helps. You can also temp disable the firewall for testing purposes.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos