Menu
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Review of superhub 3 please

Can some one review the hub 3 both white and black versions please especially when used in modern mode as I keep reading bad reviews, am thinking of upgrading to vivid 200 gamer as I will need the new hub to do so.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Review of superhub 3 please

I have the Hub3 in black, with the RT-AC87U attached to it, part from the teething issues with port flapping firmware got pushed and sorted it well only for a bit, as it returned back to me today. other then that its fine with modem mode attached to another router.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What's port flapping?

P.s I have the the Asus 68u router with Merlin fw.
0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So port flapping can still happen then
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

just bitten the bullet and phoned for the upgrade will be delivered this Wednesday fingers crossed its in black and it works. 😁
0 Kudos
Andysmith121
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I noticed the just by doing speed tests that the speed had dropped to around 30/60 mb on the 200vivid package , i ised to get around 100mb with the superhub2 . However the connect seem mich better ive hadno buffering or los of connection i would only have noticed the speeds thru the speedtest , good router
0 Kudos
Andy_O
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

brooksy79 wrote:
Can some one review the hub 3 both white and black versions please especially when used in modern mode as I keep reading bad reviews, am thinking of upgrading to vivid 200 gamer as I will need the new hub to do so.

Thanks in advance.

I'd wait if airprint is also important to you - issues appear to occur whereby bonjour packets over UDP 5353 get dropped (not through latency as it's UDP) or not handled correctly and printers you can see ARE online refuse to communicate with airprint devices eg iOS 

0 Kudos