For the past couple of weeks or so, I've been experiencing lots of DNS resolution problems while using my laptop.
Often when loading a webpage, I'll see a DNS_PROBE_STARTED warning message in my Chrome Browser.
sometimes, this shows for a few seconds, and then the requested web page loads. Other times, I get a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error message.
I have figured the simplest and most reliable way to resolve the problem each time it occurs is to issue an
ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew command on the Windows 10 command line.
During these outages, the wifi connection to the SH2 remains connected and there is no warning triangle icon to suggest loss on WAN connectivity.
Thinking there may be some issue with the default DNS servers, I updated my wireless LAN connection to use the Google 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 DNS servers. But I still experience the same problem.
This issue has been happening very regularly, many times an hour, at all times of the day.
Out of curiosity, I decided to connect my laptop to the SH2 via an ethernet cable, and this has resolved the issue. I no longer experience the DNS issues. Switching back to wifi, and I get the DNS problems again.
I do not believe this is a problem with the specific SH2 I am using, as it was replaced last week (due to an unrelated issue). The DNS problem was occurring on the previous SH2 (which was on v1.01.26 [I think from memory] firmware) and also occurs on the replacement one (which is running v1.01.29).
I have not experienced any similar issues with any of the Android mobile phones and tablets in the house.
So bottom line, what is it about using the wifi connection from my laptop to the SH2 that gives rise to this issue?
Sorry to see you're getting the Google Dinosaur problem. This is a fairly common one on Win10 and Win8.1 PCs and laptops. The way around it is to update the driver of your wireless network card. I would recommend doing this by heading to the network card manufacturers site rather than allowing windows to auto update as it has a tendency to get the wrong one.
Well, wireless connectivity continues to be flaky with frequent and sometimes prolonged periods where DNS resolution fails resulting in the inability to load web pages.
I've got fed up with using an ethernet over mains adapter as a workaround... there's not much point having a portable laptop if it has to be physically tied by a cable. So I've dug my old Linksys WRT54G router out of the loft and connected it to the Superhub2. I now connect wirelessly to the Linksys router and am enjoying perfectly reliable and stable wifi access to the internet once more.
Not too impressed that I have to run another appliance just to get reliable internet access via wifi but glad I never sold or dumped the Linksys router.
I just wanted to say that I have been experiencing exactly the same issue. I however do not use windows. I am running an iMac on Sierra. The only way that I can resolve the problem is to do a refresh of the IP although I do it by simply switching off my wifi and back on again (as its quick and easy).
I also believe I am experiencing the same issue on our xBox One. It is losing connection and the only way to resolve it is to go offline and then back online.
This is deeply frustrating and I would like to know what the correct solution to this issue is.