Menu
sinister0208
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Request to change to Superhub 2 AC from Superhub 3

Since I have had the Superhub 3, I have had problems with it. Originally it was the 'port flapping' issue which seems to be resolved now. However I have been noticing during gaming and VoIP calls that I get frequent latency spikes. As I use the Superhub 3 in modem mode, I assumed it was the router I was using, so I switched that out and it made no difference. Therefore I browsed the VM forums and found this.. 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

There seems to be an issue with the Superhub 3 modem chipset, which causes latency spikes. I never had this problem with the Superhub 2 I had in modem mode. I would like to revert to the Superhub 2 AC as I don't think VM will be resolving this issue anytime soon (I believe the port flapping issue took months to resolve). 

I don't know why the engineer put me on the SH3 when I have 100Mbits download and 6Mbits upload.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not work for Virgin Media, I just want to share what I know to help others. Information I share may differ from VM advice.

Connection info:

Superhub 3

Download: 100 Mbps
Upload: 6 Mbps
Local cabinet: End of my drive (5 metres)
Local exchange: 400 metres from my house
Power levels (downstream): 3 to 4 dBmV (16 channels)
Power levels (upstream): 42 dBmV
0 Kudos
sinister0208
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request to change to Superhub 2 AC from Superhub 3

I called up VM and they swapped the routers for me, the superhub 2ac is running much better than the superhub 3 in modem mode. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not work for Virgin Media, I just want to share what I know to help others. Information I share may differ from VM advice.

Connection info:

Superhub 3

Download: 100 Mbps
Upload: 6 Mbps
Local cabinet: End of my drive (5 metres)
Local exchange: 400 metres from my house
Power levels (downstream): 3 to 4 dBmV (16 channels)
Power levels (upstream): 42 dBmV
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request to change to Superhub 2 AC from Superhub 3

Hello sinister0208,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your Hub 3. It's good to know that you're back up and running on your Superhub 2 now without any further problems.

Thank you for updating your thread.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos