Menu
TokSik
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement hub

On Monday 20/Feb/2017 I had an engineer (Maurice) visit to try to work out why my service  starts and stops intermittently (for the last 4 weeks, it's stopped for up to 5 days at a time). He couldn't work out what the problem was, but said it's a network problem, so passed the problem on to Virgins local network engineer.

He called and did further checks, and said it's NOT a network problem, but a dodgy modem/router which needs to be replaced. He phoned Maurice, who didn't answer (must've been in someone elses house) so he left a message to get a replacement hub for me (I'm on the v.1 hub currently).

That was 2 days ago, and bugger all has happened since.

So how do I get a replacement hub, or should I just sack Virgin and go with another service (I'm **bleep**-off enough at having no service for most of the last month, so I'm now comparing BT and Sky)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement hub

you can explain all that to retentions or take the easy route and tell them you have a SH1 and the wifi is dire [which it is] - they will sort a replacement out - that may have a cost [postage] - if so then go back to the beginning and go through the whole story - that just will take a bit longer to explain

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

or you can wait here a week or so for VM to pick the thread up and i am sure they will organise a replacement

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement hub

Hi TokSik,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read of your experiences with the broadband connection.

I can see from your account, you called through to us to discuss this further. Also upon checking your connection the upstream power levels are too high at +54 dBmV. As this can cause an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to check this over for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos