Menu
BatmanBeyond
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Ethernet Cables

First of all, we would thank you for sending us replacement cables free of charge. Unfortunately the cables are far too short when compared to the Ethernet cable that we were given when we signed up with Telewest years ago. So we were wondering if you could send us bigger replacement Ethernet cables like the grey one which you can see in this picture.

2016-11-27_2-41-23.png

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Ethernet Cables

If you have no luck with VirginMedia I have found these Duronic Ethernet cables from Amazon are very good and as well as coming in a range of lengths they also come in a choice of black or white.  They seem to be on special offer at the moment so they won't break the bank either.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FSAFTUI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BatmanBeyond, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry that the cables are not long enough. Unfortunately we only supply cables in one length. 

If you do choose to buy your own cables make sure they are the same category/spec as the ones we have sent to you. 

Please do accept my apologies for this. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Emma_E wrote:

Hi BatmanBeyond,  

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry that the cables are not long enough. Unfortunately we only supply cables in one length.  

If you do choose to buy your own cables make sure they are the same category/spec as the ones we have sent to you.  

Please do accept my apologies for this.  

Emma

What, you mean still too short   Smiley LOL

Electron
BatmanBeyond
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cq Thanks for the link if I do buy that Ethernet cable I'll need to work out what size I'll need. Because I'm not sure of the size of the current one that I'm using.

@Emma_E That's exactly what I feared, well I have found a temporary solution for this problem. Which is to unplug the AC adapter, the modem power lead, and both ends of the Ethernet cable for a few seconds before plugging them back in. After that I then go to Control Panel and then Network and Sharing Center to restore to a connection.
0 Kudos
BatmanBeyond
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to bump this again, but I just wanted to thank Dave for that Ethernet cable recommendation. I did buy it in the end and it's been much more consistent than my other one. Which stopped working for a couple of days, so I thought that it had stopped working altogether. When I plugged it back in while I was waiting for the new Ethernet cable to arrive it started working again to my surprise. Lol. I'm just glad that I don't have to go through all of that with this new cable.

@Dave_cq What, you mean still too short - Well, I was hoping to get the right length of cable because as I mentioned the Virgin Media cable didn't stretch as far as I needed it to. The 15m version of the Ethernet cable that you recommended more than takes care of this problem.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BatmanBeyond wrote:

@Dave_cq What, you mean still too short - Well, I was hoping to get the right length of cable because as I mentioned the Virgin Media cable didn't stretch as far as I needed it to. The 15m version of the Ethernet cable that you recommended more than takes care of this problem.

I was just having a little joke at Emma's expense.  She said something about getting the same spec as VM supply and since the one's that VM supply are too short .........

Electron
0 Kudos